As previously posted we want to give players enough fair warning regarding the edition in play.
WE WILL BE RUNNING 8TH EDITION!
- Currently, only the 5 GW indexes will be allowed for this event. Should ALL faction specific codexes be available by the end of June, then they will be allowed. Note that means every faction in the game must be released. It’s all or nothing!
- Forgeworld is not allowed at this event. At this time only two forgeworld indexes are available, so in the interest of fairness we are disallowing forgeworld this time round.
- Point level will remain at 1650
- Armies must be battle forged, and may consist of a maximum of 3 detachments.
- Missions will be 95% out of the book, with perhaps small flavour changes (after all it is WETcoast! ). They will be available for download here two weeks prior to the event.
- This will be a 6 game event, adding a 4th round on Saturday so as not to mess with Sunday travel plans. Round times have been decreased to 2 hours. Im sure we will all be able to finish in that amount of time. Slow play will not be tolerated.
- Matched, pointed, play will be in use. Rosters must be complete, including 0 cost items.
- Terrain should be discussed with your opponent prior to the match, advanced terrain rules in effect and shall be the default.
- Any officially published FAQs will be in play, up to and including the day of the event.
- Further adjustments are possible, but will only be made to promote fairness and consistency through the edition change as more information becomes available. Watch this space!
More complete information can be found here;
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
9:00-9:30 – Registration
9:30-11:30 – Game 1 (2 hrs)
11:30-12:30 – Lunch Break (1hr)
12:30- 2:30 – Game 2 (2 hrs)
2:45:- 4:45 – Game 3 (2 hrs)
4:45-5:15 – Snack break ( 1/2hr)
5:15-7:15 – Game 4 (2 hrs)
7:30-12:00 Midnight– Open Gaming
10:00-12:00 – Game 4 (2 hrs)
12:00- 1:00 – Lunch Break (1 hr)
1:00- 3:00 – Game 5 (2 hrs)
3:00- Clean Up/Tallying Results
Modeling and Painting
- In order to be eligible for any prize support, all models in your army must be painted to a 3 color minimum. Primer counts as a color.
- All models are expected to be WYSIWYG to a reasonable standard. Exceptions will be made for themed units or armies.
- Using a proxy for a model violates our policy.
- Using a reasonable substitute to “Counts As” another model, does not violate our policy.
- If in doubt, send a picture in of a model to your TO in advance to ask if it is acceptable.
- In addition, you will be asked to vote for your favorite army during day one. We use a rule of cool for amy voting, third party painted looks nice but if it’s themed cool and really seems well thought out feel free to give that army highest marks! Please leave your army on display during lunch of day one to make it easier for people to vote for you, don’t forget to leave your name out somewhere nearby!
- Sportsmanship is handled with a Thumb’s Up, Thumbs Down format. We default games to a Thumbs Up from both players.
- If your opponent was acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, which we define as being verbally abusive, physically aggressive, was more than 15 minutes late for a round, or knowingly cheated on a rule, you are free to give him or her a Thumbs Down on sports. This rule does not exist to express displeasure in a game because you didn’t like your opponent, your opponent’s army, or you had rules debates, etc.
- A player that receives two or more Thumbs Down on Sportsmanship will be met with administrative action up to and including ejection from the event with no refund of the ticket cost.
- In addition, you will be required to vote for your favourite opponents after your final game.